Feb 28, 2009 St Petersburg Florida




















The church I referred to yesterday is shown in one of the photos. It is octagonal which is unusual for a Catholic Church.
And now friends, I have a special treat for you. We have a guest blogger who may be known to you. Please welcome the lovely Shirley Fish. She has been here for a week and is really enjoying the weather. She will be leaving tomorrow so this will be her only contribution. I'm sure it will be memorable.

Thank you for that kind introduction Fred. I am most honoured to be given this blog writing opportunity! Today we experienced some of the cultural wonders and fun activities of St. Petersburg. We said goodbye to our visiting manatee and took the $.25 trolley to each event. We started at the Saturday morning market in the famous baseball Al Lang Field where I hid out in the batik booth while Fred encouraged people to boycott the crab killers. Then, Susan, we moved quickly to the Museum Of Fine Arts to see the amazing works of such painters as Renoir, Monet, Rodin and American works by Whistler, Inness and Wyeth among others. Here we also enjoyed Albrecht Durer's works which included "The Rhinoceros (1515)". The Salvador Dali Museum beckoned us to see Dali's paintings inspired by my friend Freud and his artistic fascination with the female form and the spiritual power of women. We also saw his hanging egg womb painting.
Lunch at Grazzi and a tour of the aquarium completed a busy day. I shall miss my time in Florida and the wonderful warm weather, but I look forward to Fred joining me at home shortly.










3 comments:

  1. Amazing, pops.
    It's like you learned the entirety of blog etiquette by osmosis overnight.
    Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave, I remember your interest in computers and Nintendo when you were very young, taking me and mom along. You helped teach an old (not really old) dog new tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you mean not "really old" or "not really old"? I hear you and Shirley got matching outfits?!

    ReplyDelete